The University Club of St. Paul is a premier private social and business club. The Club's luxurious, unparalleled facilities include a dining room with a panoramic view of beautiful downtown St. Paul, as well as several elegant private rooms that are available for business meetings, private events and parties. There is also a fitness center, outdoor pool, tennis court, and outdoor dining overlooking the river valley. The University Club's event calendar includes a wide range of social and networking mixers, theatre and music events, wine tastings, public speaker events and so much more to enrich the lives of every Member.
Front of House Managers are physically present on the restaurant floor and in the kitchen to monitor the quality of the service and the food. Customer service duties for the Front of House Manager include greeting customers, nourishing relationships with them, and taking complaints. Maintaining a positive perception of The Company should be a driving factor in all guest interactions. Front of House Managers are to maintain an awareness of service load on our service staff, and must be able to anticipate, and be flexible in the response to an accumulation of service demands. They may be required to work on the floor in any capacity as service demands. The Front of House Manager is expected to adhere to service standards and hold the staff accountable to them.
It is the Front of House Manager’s responsibility to manage beverage operations and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The Front of House Manager will be able to forecast, plan and manage all beverage orders, train staff and maintain finance. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through imaginative, contemporary product offerings, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement. They are responsible for the curation, maintenance, and implementation of the beverage program. They are in charge of staff training when it comes to beverage service and creation.
The Front of House Manager reports to the Executive Chef and will work closing with that position, the Catering Director, and the University Club General Manager to ensure a seamless experience for our members and guests that achieve satisfaction objectives as well as cost objectives.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Schedule/ manage all front of house labor, balancing guest experience and cost
- Assist the Executive Chef in the hiring and training of all front of house staff
- Manage beverage inventories and costs across all bar locations
- Maintain the cleanliness of all bar locations, server stations, and dining rooms
- Work with the Executive Chef to improve the member dining experience
- Assist the Executive Chef and General Manager the execution of member events
- Develop protocols to ensure beverage costs hit stated goals every month
- Assist the Executive Chef in the creation of all bar/liquor menus
- Track all beverage and beverage-related products and their expiration dates
- Assist the Executive Chef in meeting weekly labor goals for FOH
- Serving/Bartending as needed to keep labor costs in line
- Relay any member complaints/staff complaints directly to the Executive Chef and/or General Manager and discussing solutions to any issues
- Proven experience as a manager
- Skilled in project management
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for restaurant management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office, Caterease, and be able to demonstrate an ability to adapt to new software environments
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred