Covid vaccination will be required
Reports to: Lead Boat Driver, Guest Services Manager Exempt/Non-exempt
Our boat drivers are also responsible for some handyman duties on the premises, such as checking the levels of our LP tanks, delivering trash to the dumpsters on shore, cleaning gutters and exterior windows, collecting trash on trails and grounds, stacking wood for fireplaces, starting fires in common areas and for guests, lawn and garden maintenance, and light maintenance on our boats and golf carts. While these tasks are secondary to providing excellent service to our guests, they are also very important and contribute to our guests’ overall experience.
Therefore, any qualified candidate will be able to perform these tasks with little to no direct supervision. Boat driver is a vague title for a reason. There are many miscellaneous tasks that a boat driver may be asked to perform on an irregular basis. Most of these tasks will involve moving objects (large and small) from place to place.
Ultimately, there will be few things that are not in a boat driver’s “typical” job description that (s)he may be asked to do for events, for guests, and for managers and other staff members. The ability to judge which tasks should be prioritized is an important skill that a qualified candidate will have. As the title implies, this position requires the ability to pilot several types of water craft—primarily pontoons.
For insurance purposes, all employees that drive the company watercraft must have completed their boat safety course and be able to provide proof of completion within 2 weeks from the date of hire.
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED preferred. Previous hotel experience preferred. Previous customer serviced experience required. Maintenance experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to stand 2/3 of workday. Ability to walk 2/3 of workday. Ability to lift 50 pounds Ability to climb stairs and walk rugged terrain Ability to work outdoors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Able to pilot watercraft Ability to work weekends Ability to learn the unique aspects of Stout’s and sell rooms to our guests. Ability to work with or without supervision Excellent verbal and written communications Cheerful attitude and willing to go the extra mile Flexible and like a variety of work Fluent in English. Excellent interpersonal skills required. Must maintain a professional, neat, clean appearance and practice good personal hygiene. Construction, carpentry, roofing, lawn care, and/or small engine repair experience desirable
- Ensure the safe and timely passage of guests to and from the island and other places as applicable, including delivering luggage and guests to/from their rooms Ensure guests are given the best first impression possible; given a full and complete tour (including history and important locations) and are given any necessary clarification.
- Ensure company watercraft are driven safety and ensure each craft is ready for each journey (safety equipment, fuel levels, cleanliness, etc.) Ensure guests safely embark and disembark watercraft(s).
- Ensure all equipment is clean, tidy, and in good working order including boats, lawn mowers, golf carts, etc. Treats this equipment with due respect.
- Ensure guest outdoor recreation areas and equipment are kept clean, painted (as applicable) and in good working order (lawn furniture, kayaks, canoes, hydro-bikes, tennis court, etc.)
- Ensure cleanliness of outdoor common areas including boat house, powerhouse, and swim docks.
- Remove trash from island and deliver to dumpster on shore.
- Ensure deliveries for all departments are delivered to their proper locations.
- Clean second story awnings, screens, etc. that housekeeping is unable to reach with a broom
- General handyman responsibilities.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. I have read my job description and understand it. I feel I qualify for the position and will be able to perform the job duties as stated.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Covid vaccination will be required
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays?
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Boater safety (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
- 4 - 6 months
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place