Housekeepers are responsible not only for cleanliness and order of the rooms and common areas, but also ensure that all amenities promised in each room are present and in working order.
Skilled housekeepers are capable of changing sheets on beds, scrubbing, dusting, moping, sweeping, etc. as well as moving from room to room across a 16 acre island. Typical shifts for this position are six to eight hours between 9 AM and 7 PM.
Housekeepers must also be very personable when interacting with guests and be able to anticipate their needs. Friendly, helpful housekeepers make the most tips!
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1 year of work experience Previous hotel experience a plus
- Previous housekeeping/cleaning experience a plus
- Ability to stand 2/3 of workday.
- Ability to walk 2/3 of workday.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to work weekends
- Ability to climb stairs and walk rugged terrain
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Cheerful attitude and willing to go the extra mile
- Flexible and like a variety of work
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Must maintain a professional, neat, clean appearance and practice good personal hygiene.
- Ensuring cleanliness of guest rooms per Stout’s Island Lodge standards.
- Ensuring cleanliness of common areas (inside & outside) per Stout’s Island Lodge standards.
- Ensure cleanliness of Shore House waiting area
- Ensure all amenities promised to each guest are in working order.
- Ensure laundry is completed, folded, and stocked for the beginning of each shift. Miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.